Monday, July 20, 2009

Oncorhynchus Mykiss

Above is the scientific name for the first ever Rainbow trout I have ever caught. It was caught approximately at 5:22 PM, (mountain time) on Monday, July 20th, 2009 on a Gold Bead Tan Pulsating Caddis fly with a white strike indicator, on a 5 weight White River fly casting outfit, with 5 weight floating line with a tapered leader and a 30", 6lb tippet behind our RV site at the Riverview RV Park near Loveland, Colorado. Whew ! ! ! ! Say that ten times real fast. Below is a picture documenting my first ever Oncorhynchus Mykiss ! ! ! ! ! ! !



I think this will go well with wild rice (Rice-A-Roni), Fava Beans and a nice Chianti. Ffffftttt, Ffffffttttt. For those of you who don't know, Fffffftttt is the sound Dr. Hannibal Lecter, played by Antony Hopkins, made in the film Silence of the Lambs. But I'm sure most of you knew that.


Anyway, it's a lot like I play golf............. I'm not very good, but I look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment